IPA Competition 2023
IPA COMP 2022
The 2022 competition has been run and won and we have to say it was a huge success! Thank you to everyone who entered, to all our amazing sponsors, the organising committee, judges, stewards, volunteers, and to the Woodlands Hotel for hosting us.
2022 IPA Competition results are here!
And you can watch the awards ceremony here:
IPA COMP 2023
The Merri Masher’s IPA competition will be back again and better than ever in 2023! Keep an eye on this page early in December for more details but we can confirm that judging will take place on Sunday the 26th of March 2023 at The Woodlands Hotel in Coburg. We don’t see the styles or event structure changing too much from this year but all will be confirmed by the committee in December.
Styles and Guidelines
We will be judged according to the new BJCP 2021 guidelines, including the additions of Brut and Hazy IPAs. Prizes will be awarded by style. Actual prizes and sponsors will be announced closer to the date.
• 12C - English IPA - Guidelines
• 21A - American IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Belgian IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Black IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Brown IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Brut IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Red IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Rye IPA - Guidelines
• 21B - Specialty IPA (Otherwise not listed) - Guidelines
• 21B - White IPA - Guidelines
• 21C - Hazy IPA - Guidelines
• 22A - Double IPA - Guidelines
Entries must be at least 500 mL in a single bottle or can.