IPA Competition 2021
The Annual Merri Mashers IPA competition is back again for 2021.
We will be holding our competition on Sunday the 6th of June 2021, for the first time, at the Woodlands Hotel in Coburg.
Styles and Guidelines
We will be juding the same style categories as per last year, and be awarding prizes by style. Actual prizes and sponsors will be announced closer to the date.
All styles are judged against 2015 BCJP style guidelines, with a draft guideline used for 21B - New England IPA. All Guidelines used are provided below.
- 12C - English IPA - Guidelines
- 21A - American IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Belgian IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Black IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Brown IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - New England IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Red IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Rye IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Specialty IPA (Othersize not listed) - Guidelines
- 21B - White IPA - Guidelines
- 22A - Double IPA - Guidelines
Entries must be at least 500 mL in a single bottle or can.
Drop offs will be accepted at Home Make It Resevoir, Grain & Grape, Australian Home Brewing Oakley South, Keg King, and Greensborough Home Brewing. Postal entries can be sent to Grain and Grape, clearly marked Merri Mashers IPA competition.