IPA Competition 2019
RESULTS FOR THE COMP CAN NOW BE SEEN HERE.
2019 Merri Mashers IPA Competition
THE MERRI MASHERS IPA COMPETITION IS BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR.
On Sunday the 24th of March 2019, judging will be held for the 2019 competition at The Dan O'Connell Hotel in Carlton.
This year we will be accepting entries from the following categories covered off by the 2015 BJCP style guidelines.
- 12C - English IPA
- 21A - American IPA
- 21B - Black IPA
- 21B - White IPA
- 21B - Red IPA
- 21B - Rye IPA
- 21B - Belgian IPA
- 21B - Brown IPA
- 21B - Specialty IPA (Otherwise not listed)
- 21B - NEIPA (Judged as per provisional guidelines here - http://dev.bjcp.org/beer-styles/21b-specialty-ipa-new-england-ipa/ )
- 22A - Double IPA
As per all previous years, some fantastic prizes will be on offer as both category prizes and overall competition prizes. Stay tuned for updates!
Please use our online system to submit and pay for entries - https://comps.merrimashers.org
Entry will be ONLINE ONLY, and will be opening late January. Online entries will close off one week before the competition, on the Saturday the 16th of March 2019, at 12 midday.
Entry fees will be the same as last year, $10 for the first entry, $8 per entry thereafter.
Submission requirements is a single bottle of at least 500ml. All bottles should be CLEARLY labeled with the provided label.
Please have all your entries at a drop-off point before 12 Midday on Saturday, 16th of March 2019.
Official drop-off points include:
- Grain and Grape, 5/280 Whitehall St, Yarraville
- Greensborough Home Brewing Supplies, 29 Beewar St, Greensborough
- Home Make It, 4/158 Wellington Rd, Clayton & 265 Spring St, Reservoir
- Keg King, 2/33-35 Smith Rd, Springvale
- The Dan O'Connel Hotel, 225 Canning St, Carlton
(Entries will be accepted at the venue, The Dan O'Connel Hotel, 225 Canning St, Carlton, up to the 23rd of March, 2019).