IPA Competition 2020
The Annual Merri Mashers IPA competition is back again for 2020.
We will be holding our competiiotn on Sunday the 22nd of March 2020, once again at the Dan O'Connell Hotel in Carlton.
Entries are now open in our competition system - https://comps.merrimashers.org
Entries close Saturday 14th March. Entry fees are $10 for the first entry and $8 for each following entry.
Styles and Guidelines
We will be juding the same style categories as per last year, and be awarding prizes by style. Actual prizes and sponsors will be announced closer to the date.
All styles are judged against 2015 BCJP style guidelines, with a draft guideline used for 21B - New England IPA. All Guidelines used are provided below.
- 12C - English IPA - Guidelines
- 21A - American IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Belgian IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Black IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Brown IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - New England IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Red IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Rye IPA - Guidelines
- 21B - Specialty IPA (Othersize not listed) - Guidelines
- 21B - White IPA - Guidelines
- 22A - Double IPA - Guidelines
Up to two entries per person per style will be accepted. Entries must be at least 500 mL in a single bottle or can.
Drop offs will be accepted at Home Make It Resevoir, Grain & Grape, Australian Home Brewing Richmond and Oakley South, Keg King, and Greensborough Home Brewing. Postal entries can be sent to Grain and Grape, clearly marked Merri Mashers IPA competition.
Last minute drop offs will be accepted at the Dan O'Connel from 4pm Thursday 19th March through to Saturday 21st.